Offensive or Artistic...?

At 4.55am, there I was trying to form a proposal for my 3rd year Independent Study. Unsure of what I actually want to write the piece on, I aimlessly wandered about the great ‘www’ and while the Glee OST had me distracted here and there, the wandering led me to a fantastic cyber woman:

www.wilmaproops.blogspot.com

Now this isn’t where Wilma and I first came to meet. I’m a little interested in the social expectations and issues surrounding tattoo’s, particularly on women as I only have three myself but find despite the fact that so many people have them now, there are still many that simply do not like them and do not wish to see them. My new friend, Wilma is definitely one of them. I somehow found my way to her ‘hubpage’ through various links and forums debating the acceptance of tattoos in society. I personally, do not see any harm that a person is doing in covering themselves from head to toe in ink or as some choose to refer to it as ‘art’. I don’t intend to make a strong point about this subject as I would rather not get the thrashing that W.Proops receives.

In saying that, she’s rather quick-witted and intelligently responds to people referring to her as a “f*ckwit” and an “old prude”, explaining that tattoo’s should be accepted by all – “it’s the beauty of America, man”. I can honestly say that reading this kept me both distracted and entertained for far too long. Good one, Wilm.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Tales-About-Tattoos---An-Argument-Against-Them

I know what I think on this subject but take a look at tattoo artist Kat Von D on a shoot to promote Sephora concealer and I’m sure most people will have a preference to one or the other...
Photobucket