"You tell me to live.. "

After turning 21 last month I've found myself looking at all that I've done in my life and what is important to me which is something I never take the time to do. I'm far more comfortable out of my own head space and so avoid climbing in there if I can. When I occasionally do stumble off track and find myself completely lost in the mess that is my mind there really is only one person that manages to pull me out and remind me that "life aint' so bad, y'know!"

While for many people the person that helps them out, like the one that I just described, is someone that they're close to and trust. I have only had the pleasure of meeting my person once and I fell on the ground and cried.. apparently for a good five minutes before he offered me a hug which was more than enough to get me up and out of the curb. It may sound ridiculous but Bryce Avary can make me smile regardless of any situation - his words and voice, at least. I saw him perform for the fifth time on May 26th and after a couple of difficult weeks he really did not let me down. Waking up on Wednesday morning I felt a smile spreading across my face as I realised that I'd be dancing myself silly in a few hours. As promised, the familiar sounds of his piano filled the o2 and I quite simply felt better. The incredible summer sound of "You Gotta Believe" and an old-school lovely, "That's So You" were all I needed to remind me of his incredible and beautiful talent. It also reminded me of my immature jealousy towards his wife, Tara - also one of the nicest people I've ever met.

I only have a few friends that also appreciate his music but even they don't quite understand me, as I stood scooping up confetti after the show and tried to explain why and how I could just feel that much happier.. about absolutely everything. I continued to try and explain myself and have been doing so since I was fourteen. The topic even returned the following day as a friend and I discussed how lovely and talented his children are going to be, only further reminding me that my adoration is completely beyond any level of normality. I would feel somewhat embarrassed or bothered by it but Bryce Avary deserves to be adored and while I never have and never will have any musical talent whatsoever, I can only try to and hope that I could write as beautifully as he does.

& he's just SO lovely!!

Photobucket

www.therocketsummer.com