I don't even wear corduroy..

Why am I The Corduroy Kid?
The very lovely Simon Armitage has a very lovely collection of poetry titled 'Tyrannosaurus Rex versus The Corduroy Kid'. Yes, it seems I went for the weaker of the two but I don't think I have it in me to take on the role of the Tyrannosaurus Rex and I unfortunately know one too many dinosaur-loving boys that would simply find it wrong for me to make such a claim. After all, I'm just a girl. A girl that may have worn corduroy once, I think.
As I was replacing my old blog with this new one* I found myself staring at my VERY new bookcase and my eyes met his. Simon, it was meant to be! I immediately picked up the collection and flicked the pages to my favourite poem of his, You're Beautiful.

You're beautiful because you cry at weddings as well as funerals.
I'm ugly because I think of children as another species from a different world.
It is a poem that is well worth reading in full and as I said, I think it is a lovely, lovely collection. Maybe tomorrow I will come up with a better but less truthful reason to be called The Corduroy Kid..


Photobucket


*I would've kept my old blog but it had a mega 'goth' title from my horrifying teenage years of 'I HATE MY LIFE' that I would rather not follow me into my twenties.